Lady May is Glenelly’s Flagship Estate wine. Elegant and complex, the wine develops flavours of cassis, blackcurrant, dark cherry, touch of graphite and delicate spicy plum. Fresh and vibrant, the evolution of the wine introduces flavours specific to Glenelly’s terroir. Deeply coloured and perfectly balanced, the wine displays an exquisite structure with velvety tannins and a very good aging capability. Can age during 12 to 18 years.
- Post 2009 harvest temperature to January were higher.
- Cool Winter ensured a good bud burst, it was 9 days early.
- Cool conditions during berry set lead to loose bunches.
- Berry size was smaller than other years.
- December was characterized by a warm and dry climate.
- Good analysis was achieved, especially PH.
- Good wine quality.
- Yield 4,5 Tons/HA. 31 Hl/Ha.
- Harvested by hand from early to mid March.
Total Acidity : 5,5 g/L
pH : 3,72
Residual Sugar : 2,2 g/L