Lady May is Glenelly’s Flagship Estate Wine. 2011 Lady May aptly shows more of its feminine side compared to the brooding 2010. A shade lighter in colour, the nose is more open with red rather than black fruits. Tea leaf, roast beef and thyme notes contrast the intense raspberries mélange. The palate offers no less character, with powerful chewy tannins and a silky savoury finish. Seamless oak gives a hint of spice, and support for the medium to full-body. This impressive 2011 will be ready sooner than the 2010, but will also age well for a decade.
- Cool Winter ensured a good bud burst, it was 9 days early.
- Cool conditions during berry set lead to loose bunches.
- Berry size was smaller than other years.
- December was characterized by warm and dry climate
- Good analysis was achieved, especially pH.
- Good wine quality.
Total Acidity : 5,7 g/L
pH : 3,65
Residual Sugar : 1,3 g/L